Monday, June 14, 2010

What's on my mind you ask?

Well, that is a good question :)

One word...



BROWNIES

Yummmmm. What's better than a bowl of warm, fresh out of the oven brownies, creamy vanilla ice cream? I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Saturday night, I had my brother-in-law, Thomas, and his girlfriend, Raychel over for dinner. I had planned on making Oreo Cheesecake Bars for dessert. While at the store picking up dinner ingredients a few hours before dinner, I picked up a couple boxes of brownies to make just incase my cheesecake wasn't ready. When I normally walk by brownies mixes in the store, I try my best to ignore the temptation. I tell myself I don't need to spend the extra moolah and walk right on past it. I had a good reason for picking up the brownies this time. I am suffering now though. All I can think about is BROWNIES. Brownies, brownies, brownies. Brownies with ice cream, brownies with nuts.

Speaking of brownies, I made these salted caramel brownies from The Pioneer Woman's website a few weeks ago. It was SOOO amazing. Incredibly sticky, gooey, delicious caramel and rich chocolatey brownie. A MUST try! It wasn't hard to make at all. I was a bit hesitant about making my own caramel but I am glad I didn't let it keep me from making this dessert. I have said this before and I'll say it over and over again. I LOVE THE PIONEER WOMAN!!

1 comment:

  1. Steph, now you have me salivating! I wanted to order a brownie for dessert when you, Frank, Tom and I had our double date last weekend, but of course we were running late lol. I'm sure brownies made by you would be far superior though :) Those salted caramel brownies sound amazingly delicious. And btw, your oreo cheesecake was sooo yummy. As was the wonderful chicken and pasta you made for dinner. Thanks for spoiling us, we are so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete