Friday, June 25, 2010

Up Next...

One of my next meals is going to be a pot roast from The Pioneer Woman's website. I've made this a couple times before and it is by far the best pot roast I've ever tasted. I think it's all the rosemary and thyme. Such wonderful flavors. I also LOVE the onions and the carrots. I am not usually a fan of onions or cooked carrots but I have no problems whatsoever eating them in this dish. SO good. I have the meat defrosted in my fridge but I'm not sure when to make it. I'll probably have to do it tonight so it doesn't spoil.


I'm also planning on making a few desserts today. I'm wanting to bake a couple things for a bake sale tomorrow. On that menu are some banana breads from the AllRecipes website. My favorite banana bread recipe from one of my favorite go-to recipe websites. I just hope my bananas are ripe enough.

If I don't think my bananas are ripe enough, I think I might make some scones. I like to put orange flavored dried cranberries in my scones. SO amazing. I might also make some brownies. Not sure which recipe I'll use for the brownies though. We are having a cookout tomorrow and I think I want to make some Nutella Caramel Hazelnut brownies. I'd make them for the bake sale but how messy would that be?

So that's what I'm planning on making today. Wish me luck. I probably will have to start it all after the kids are in bed which means I'll probably get very little sleep but that is OK. I have no problems losing sleep if it's for food.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE PW's pot roast! I make it at LEAST twice a month around here, it just smells SO good, and makes the whole house feel warm, and cozy. The rosemary just makes it to die for!

    ReplyDelete