Sunday, April 10, 2016

A Normal Day

I can't believe that the last time I wrote in this blog was 6 years ago! Gosh. To be honest, since I started this whole blogging thing so I can remember things, I want to say that I posted that last post yesterday on a different blog. I wanted to start a whole different blog separate from this because I felt like this new journey and the one I started 6 years ago were for totally different reasons and I hate mixing things if they aren't the same. I'd much rather start completely fresh and new. I didn't like the other website or whatever that I was using though. I just didn't feel comfortable using it. I don't feel it was as user friendly, for me anyways. This blog is just so much easier. So I'm meshing.
This was a rather uneventful day. Today was supposed to be the boys' opening day for baseball. It got cancelled because of weather. There was also a women's conference in Charleston that the ladies from the church were going to that I was going to miss because of baseball. Then baseball was cancelled so I thought about going. It's always fun to get out with the ladies. Late last night, I decided not to go because I'd have to get up at 6 to be at the church by 7. I had decided that was way too early and plus, I didn't seem to get the feeling Frank was too excited about my going. I woke up this morning to see a text from my Pastor's wife saying that she felt it was too dangerous to drive 2 hrs so she was calling it off. That meant a morning to chill with the husband and the kids. That was nice. He cooked our usual Saturday breakfast of eggs and bacon. Usually all the kids gobble all the bacon before I can even get to the kitchen. This morning, they grabbed up all the eggs. Frank was nice enough to save me a secret stash of bacon because he knows that usually I'll have to fry myself up more bacon. It's the little things. Love that man. 
The kids REALLY wanted to jump on the trampoline, even though it was snowy outside. We kept telling them no but finally they snuck out there. JoJo back in saying that her hands were freezing. I noticed that her feet were red. Apparently she had gone on the SNOW COVERED trampoline barefoot. Oh goodness that girl. I know they're super excited for the trampoline. They've always wanted one but Frank and I always thought it was too dangerous and it's just a broken bone waiting to happen. I started caving a little when I saw how much JoJo LOVED Carlee's and I just thought it'd be a great way to get them out of the house and off of the electronics. They have a hard time finding things to do outside sometimes. They get bored of what they have and won't go outside. Hopefully now that we have this trampoline, they'll spend much more time outside this spring and summer. I was quite surprised when Frank bought the trampoline. I had mentioned a week or so ago that the kids had told me in the car that they wanted to save all their money to buy a trampoline and that it was only $300. He said what he normally says, that it's too dangerous. Just the other day he asked me if I had Sam's card and I said not anymore and asked him why. He said there was a trampoline for sale. That caught me off guard. He then left to take the boys' to baseball practice and when they got home, I found out he had gone to Walmart and got one. 
We went to Zootopia today. The kids and I have been wanting to watch that movie for awhile now. I thought it was really cute. I really enjoyed it. It had a pretty good message. Sophie wasn't being the most cooperative baby but there were other kids there talking and I was able to control her for the most part but I kind of had to bribe her with candy. I'm sure she ate way too much Skittles today. Before we went home, Frank stopped at Walmart to rent a couple more movies. We came home, chilled, sent the kids to bed and watched Daddy's Home. Stupid movie but I did laugh at a few scenes.
Now I'm waiting for laundry to wash before I go to bed. Machine's quiet, maybe I missed the sound of the door unlocking. It's 3:15. It's going to be a fun morning. Hopefully I get a nap in before special and choir practice. Oo I hear the machine. Hopefully it'll be done soon and I'll be in bed before 4.
This is going to be a pretty full week I think. I have to finish the yearbook by Tuesday. Cross fingers that actually happens. Almost everything is done. Just have to see if we can redo the back cover picture, redo the title page picture, complete all the ads, and then double check everything but for the most part, it's complete. I hope it turns out and people like it. It's been quite the task, fun but a task, especially with Sophie. Thankfully, Mrs. Beck has been amazing and taking Sophie into the daycare. I definitely get a lot more work done when I don't have to chase after her and hunt her down. Kids have testing all this week but that means they don't have homework which is nice because they have a couple baseball games this week. Their first game is against Lance's team, the Rockies on Wednesday night. I may have to miss the last half of it for church. Hopefully they do well this year.
Laundry's about to finish. Let's end this here since I'm about out of things to write about. Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment